Thursday, June 28, 2007

Picks 16 - 30



No. 16- This pick makes perfect sense, and I'm actually excited about a Wizards draft pick. I've been a diehard Wizards fan my entire life, and I can't remember the last draft pick that got me out of my seat. Kwame Brown....Jarvis Hayes....Andray Blatche? Nope. Don't listen to Stephen A., no big man the Wizards got here would fit their offense or can be projected as a solid, long-term NBA player. Jason Smith? Sorry, I don't project him to even be as good as....The Big Z. Young will slide into the No.2 spot once Deshawn Stevenson is gone, maybe even before he leaves.


No. 17- Just like Bilas said, Sean Williams is a High risk vs. High Reward pick. I think one thing is for certain - toss Sean Williams and Marcus Williams together and you've got a great duo of felons..errr...basketball players.


No. 18- Warriors basketball is downright enthralling to watch. Belinelli looks like he'll fit this perfectly - a kickout shooter. The Warriors just have to do whatever they can to make sure Jessica Alba keeps coming to games. Good lordddddd is she niceeeeeee.


No. 19- Javaris Crittenton is another sleeper like Al Thornton. I saw Crittenton at Cameron Indoor this year. He's a true streetball player- killer crossover, incredibly athletic, and a threat in the fast break. Oh yeah, he's also 6'5 and built. Watch out.

No. 20- Jason Smith was traded to the 76ers here. Wow, Billy King adds a non-swingman, who could imagine?


No. 21-Daequan gets traded for Smith to the Heat here. Miami needs to get young at nearly every position - good start.


No. 22-Jordan's trying to get cute taking Jared Dudley here. I just don't like Dudley's attitude, we'll see how he works out in Cha-town. The knocks on his athleticism and stamina don't make much sense - he played 38 minutes a game his entire career at BC.

No. 23-I know nothing about Wilson Chandler, but I was the guy who DID KNOW something about Renaldo Balkman last year. OK, so Balkman went to school with me at USC. Let's just say I have more faith than the next guy in Zeke's capability to get the "sleeper" pick because of Balkman. Isaiah's picks are almost exempt from criticism after pulling off that sweet deal for Zach Randolph earlier.

No. 24-Apparently the Blazers acquired this Rudy Fernandez character. Sorry, I know nothing.

No. 25-I'm a big fan of Morris Almond, he'll be a great complement to an already nearly complete team. This adds to the great inside-outside game the Jazz have with Boozer, Deron Williams, Okur and now, Morris Almond.

No. 26- The Rockets need scorers at the guard position. Consider this - opposing teams reportedly baited guard Rafer Alston to shoot last year because his perimeter shooting was just, that, BAD. I like the move. Aaron Brooks looks a little like Chris Rock, eh?

No. 27-Arron Afflalo suits the Pistons well. Afflalo can develop into a great mid-range player under the tutelage of Rip Hamilton. As much as I like the pick, it perplexes me that they've now taken Afflalo and the Eastern Washington guy, I already forgot his name. They have a young post player in Maxiell, but that's about it - Wallace, McDyess, Webber and Mohammed are all 8 or more years into the league. Maybe the frontcourt players are that bad in this draft, but they need someone young down there.

No. 28- Tiago Splitter - San Antonio isn't surprising anyone anymore with this international player, thing. I know it's worked so far, but I have to think that other teams take a real close look at these guys now and see if they're worth it. I'll be amazed if San Antonio's success rate with international players continues. They'll probably prove me wrong.

No. 29- I’m not sure why Alando Tucker didn’t go earlier. He was one of the Top 5-7 players in college basketball this year. He has a post and mid-rage game, as well as a decent outside shot. His basketball IQ and defense are obviously great, he went to Wisconsin. Great move by Phoenix.

No. 30- I'll never research any player from Finland, so I don't know how good this guy is. All I know is that Josh McRoberts legitmized himself as a truely senseless person by not being selected in the first round. Good move, big fella.

No comments: