Thursday, June 28, 2007

Picks 6-15


No. 6- Did you see Yi Jianlin and his family's faces when he got picked? Not pleased. Did the Bucks not get it, he HATES the idea of playing in your city.

No. 7- Corey Brewer will be a really solid NBA player, at least, regardless of where he plays.

No. 8- I wonder how Brandon Wright feels. Michael Jordan publicized the fact that he was downright desperate to get rid of this pick, but he didn't. MJ wasn't even enticed enough to want to keep the pick and get ANOTHER Tarheel. Great move, MJ.

No. 9- Hopefully Joakim Noah will leave the NBA Draft with that awful outfit. Your hair is still abysmal. Grow up. **Poor unathletic Wisconsin kids**

No. 10- I heard more about Spencer Hawes last year coming into college then I did this entire NCAA season and predraft talk. He's probably a solid low-post player presence, I haven't seen him play live ONCE.

No. 11- As expected, the Hawks achieved their goal. The Hawks got the No. 3 player on their draft board and addressed their point guard need. The Hawks did something right for once!

No. 12- The 76ers only have so much talent. That said, Thaddeus Young 's game is almost identical to their only young talents - Rodney Carney and Andre Iguodala. Carney's is long, lean, and downright FLIES through the air. His jumper is decent. Let's see, Iguodala is long, lean and...catch my drift? This makes no sense.

No. 13-Damn, no Julian Wright for my Wizards. Wright's body and game reflect the "future" NBA four-man, as the analysts say. But it's true - he's long, strong, rebounds and runs the floor well. Post moves and low-post scoring is not embraced my most NBA teams anymore. Coincidentally, not many players can score well in the post, either.

No. 14- I think Al Thornton is going to be one of the best players of this draft in 5-7 years. His athleticism, strength, rebounding and scoring ability are intimidating. Thornton's skill level allows him to play many positions - he fits on any team. Good pick, Clippers.

No. 15- Rodney Stuckey. I'm not going to lie - I know NOTHING about this guy. But he played for Washington State so that tells me....again, NOTHING.


No comments: